Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why
I’d want to switch lives with one of those people at school who I always think are having the easiest and best times of their lives so that when I switched back to being me, I could see that my situation life really isn’t the tragic event that I sometimes think it is.
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad
happy I love owl city. and I listen to it a lot when I’m happy. But lately it’s sort of lost it’s wonderful-ness. And Adam Young just released an album of his older music, but it’s kind of depressing. So lately I’ve been going for Sara Bareilles, King of Anything and Ingridid Michaelson, Everybody. sad I like sad music. Which is a little weird. But I really like Howie Day, Incubus and He Is We. bored Owl City, because it’s easy. And it’s my favorite. I don’t generally associate music with boredom. hyped Black Eyed Peas, I Gotta Feeling and anything that’s upbeat by Glee. mad This is kind of like bored, I don’t really associate music with being mad. I usually listen to it to calm down, not to be angry at. ha.
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Well, other than sitting around and sleeping a lot, I haven’t done too much in the past few days. I guess I’m glad that I finally finished Megan’s summer gift. But other than hanging out and posting more pictures on facebook and going to band practice, I’ve done zip.
Well, seeing as school and marching season are about to start “full-blast”, I’m going to have basically zero time to myself, but hey, if in the rare chance I do have time to myself here’s what I’d like to accomplish:
1. This is for before summer ends, but I need to finish Megan’s summer gift. Because she’s been good about getting one for me for the past few summers, and I’ve failed to get her anything. So this year is going to be extra epic. :)
2. Sign up for the October ACT… since that will be only my second and final time. I better do well on it. *sigh*
3. Actually get acclimated with my teachers/classes this year because last year I felt like everything last year was just temporary, like it wasn’t actually going to last a whole year. So getting used to school and the fact that I’m a senior this year would be good.
4. Start losing that 5-10 pounds so that I can fit nicely into my homecoming dress that I’m going to re-wear from freshman year (as I sit here drinking a 32 oz. polar pop…).
5. Keep taking lots of pictures. I always take tons of pictures during the summer and then not so many once school starts, but I’m hoping to reduce the “risk” of that happening this year because I’m doing a little photo documentary-type project for myself with bunches of little things about high school that I’ll miss. I’ll most likely end up posting some on here at some point.
okay. there are many ways that I could take this question. so since I’m trying to find ways to distract myself from cleaning my room, I’ll take it a few different ways.
1. all-time favorite When I’m asked anything involving the phrase “all-time” I have a tough time. Does this phrase mean what band has influenced my life overall the most? Or is it one that I maybe just discovered that I think I’m going to like years and years down the road plus my past self would like? Or is it just a popular band that everyone liked in the past, likes now and will continue to like in the future? It’s tough for me. But I’m going to put one band into all of the different possible scenarios. My personal favorite band of all time is Maroon5. Their album Songs About Jane came out in 2003, when I was in 4th grade or so. I remember that it was one of those CDs that I straight up went to the store with both parents to buy. I had to talk them into it big time due to the questionable cover art and song titles (and, looking back at the moment, I’m kind of surprised that my parents let me get it). I remember being a little kid and sitting downstairs in my basement playing Neopets and listening to Maroon5 (oh yeah, I was an awesome kid). For the next few months/ years after buying the album, it was basically all I listened. And even now that I’m a senior in high school, I still enjoy listening to the good old Maroon5 along with some of their newer stuff, although I can’t say that I’ve purchased any of their albums since Songs About Jane. Regardless, I still know all of the lyrics, I still enjoy Maroon5 to this day and I don’t foresee myself deleting them from my iTunes list any time soon.
2. new favorite. New music is something that I find kind of difficult to get into. I never feel like enjoying one song by a particular band is enough to call myself a fan of the band. This is tough because, like most teenagers, I’m lacking in the monetary department. So the other week, I found out that He Is We has a free album out. I’d heard some of their music on YouTube and I figured that since it was free, I’d give it a listen. And when I did listen, I heard several teenage angst-ey themes, but I also heard a lot that describes me. And I guess a big reason that I like them so much is because I can relate to what they sing about. And at the same time, the vocals and instrumentals are pretty great. Altogether, a good band.
3. top forty favorite. Every time I hear the phrase “top forty,” I think of Hoobastank and their “number one” song, The Reason, that was there for a ridiculous number of weeks. At first I really really liked it, but then, like every other song that’s played on the radio, I got sick of it. So I don’t really like the concept of top forty music, however there are some artists that are popular that I really really like. As far as current top forty music, I really like Lady Gaga. Even though she makes no sense after you’ve watched one of her music videos, her music is just so good that the nonsensical music videos are okay.
Now, just because I don’t have other categories to list, but other bands that I think I want to mention, I’m going to list:
Adam Young/Owl City/Sky Sailing
There’s probably more, but that’s all I’ll bore you with for today. :)
there’s a big part of me that wishes I didn’t have to wash my hands every time I touched my shoes, feet, money or anything else that’s actually quasi-clean but to me is world-endingly dirty. I guess I wish I could be a little less OCD about certain things.
um. well. I feel really unoriginal, but you know how people have shirts that say (for example) “peace love and rock ‘n roll” or “peace love and soccer” well I substituted muffins in for that. which is the obvious part of it.
the not-so-obvious part is why I chose to substitute muffins.
but it traces back to band (yeah. my life is basically made up of band in case you hadn’t been able to tell yet) and my section. my freshman year, there was a girl named Kelsey and whenever you so much as said the word “muffin” she would laugh for extended periods of time. so one day we had a party for her at which we had everything muffin-ey. we had muffin posters, muffin jokes, fake muffins, real muffins, the word “muffin”… basically everything that would make Kelsey laugh. so it was sort of like a surprise party. everyone showed up before Kelsey and we decorated signs and stuff, and then right as she was about to arrive we all hid and when she opened the door we all jumped out and screamed “MUFFINS!” at her and after that point, she was probably laughing for about 30 minutes straight. maybe more. and whenever we would bring up something that had to do with muffins, it started all over again. and it was probably one of the greatest mellophone parties in mellophone party history.
and the reason that I decided to name my blog after that inside joke is because it’s things like that that I’m hoping to remember in 20 or 40 years by having this blog. and maybe I’m a cheese. but maybe I’m okay with that.